- Finished Size: 51″ (53″) / 130cm (135cm) per side.
- Yarn: Patons Wool Blend Aran (202 yd / 185m) per skein, 8 (9) skeins
- Needle: US8 / 5mm
- Main body – 17st – 10cm / 4”
- First border – 12st (1 patt rep) – 6.5cm / 2.5”
- Second border – 14st (2 patt rep) – 10cm / 4”
- Third border – 16st – 10cm / 4”
- Last border – At the height of the scallop, 10cm / 4”. Gauge is not critical for this border
- Notions: Markers, Cable Needle, Scissors, Tapestry Needle, Waste Yarn and Crochet Hook for last border Provisional Cast On. Waste yarn for lifelines (optional)
- Main square is constructed flat, stitches are picked up and worked in the round, increasing steadily through all borders. Last border is worked sideways to create a beautiful scalloped edge as well as avoiding a very long bind off.
- Full Colour PDF document spanning 6 pages (black & white printer compatible)
- Pattern is featured with Charts as well as Written Instructions.
- Difficulty Level 4/5 (intermediate knitter with experience at large scale projects)
- Worked In the Round – centre square, final border
- Worked Flat – first 3 borders
- Yarn Overs
- Decreases – ssk, k2tog
- Provisional Cast On.
- Slipped stitches
- Short Rows
Q Woah that’s a huge blanket…. can I make it smaller??
A If you use DK or 4 ply yarn you will make a blanket adequate in size for a child’s bed or a toddler playing mat.
Q Is gauge extremely critical?
A Nope. The blanket will be blocked to size in the end, so as long as you’re consistent border to border, it’ll be all good.
Delivery – Upon payment via Paypal, you will receive an email from shop AT rockandpurl DOT com with the instructions for downloading the pattern. Please note the link is only valid for 72 hours.
Visit the Pattern Store for more exclusive and delicious patterns from Ruth!