- Finished Size:
- 50″ wide by 25″ tall / 125cm wide by 63cm tall (blocked) – laceweight shawl
- 30″ wide by 15″ / 76cm wide by 38cm tall (blocked) – sockweight shawl
- Baruffa Cashwool (laceweight) 1200m per skein, 1 skein (double stranded),
- Babylonglegs SemiPrecious (sock weight), 440m per skein
- US 5 / 3.75mm for laceweight yarn.
- US3 / 3.25mm for sock weight yarn
- 5sts = 1″ / 10cm after blocking, laceweight.
- 6.5sts = 1″ / 10cm after blocking, sock weight.
- Notions: Waste yarn and crochet hook for Provisional Cast On, Scissors, Tapestry Needle, blocking equipment. Waste yarn for lifelines (optional)
- Beads: 386 size 10/0 beads for laceweight shawl, 266 size 6/0 beads for sock weight shawl. Small crochet hook or needle and thread for bead placement.
- Triangular Shawl created from the centre neck outwards.
- Full Colour PDF document spanning 7 pages (black & white printer compatible)
- Pattern is featured with Charts as well as Written Instructions.
- Difficulty Level 3/5 (intermediate knitter with knowledge of lace)
- Provisional Cast On
- Worked Flat
- Yarn Overs
- Single Decreases – ssk, k2tog
- Double Decrease – s2k1psso, k3tog, sssk
- Pick up stitches (provisional Cast On)
Q Beads? I’ve never used beads before!!
A Fear not!! When you purchase the pattern, you will get links to my super duper useful Beading Series of posts, where I explain everything, from choosing to placement!
Q How do I block a shawl?
A I have a detailed tutorial here – Blocking Lace by Rock + Purl
Delivery – Upon payment via Paypal, you will receive an email from shop AT rockandpurl DOT com with the instructions for downloading the pattern. Please note the link is only valid for 72 hours.
Visit the Pattern Store for more exclusive and delicious patterns from Ruth!