Turn heads on dreadful gray winter days! Add a colourful touch to your winter wardrobe and infuse happiness – Vitamin C is the cowl for you!!
£3.00 – purchase methods are featured below the pattern information.
Check out the Gallery tab for a lot more images!
- Finished Size: Cowlette (Cowl) 30” (52”) circumference. Shown in Cowl, double looped around neck
- Yarn: Cascade Eco+ [100% Peruvian Highland Wool; 478yd/437m per 250g skein]; color: 6927; 1 skein
- Needle: Size US 10 / 6mm – 24” / 60 cm OR 40” / 100cm Circular
- Gauge: 20 sts = 4” /10 cm in Stockinette stitch on US 10 / 6mm needle. Row Gauge is NOT crucial.
- Notions:Markers (m), cable needle, tapestry needle, scissors.
- Full Colour PDF document spanning 3 pages (black & white printer compatible)
- Difficulty Level 2/5 (beginner, fun-loving knitter)
- Worked in the round
- Single Decreases – ssk, k2tog
- Double Decreases – k3tog
- Double Increases
- Dropping stitches
Q What’s the difference between cowl and cowlette?
A Size! The height of the piece is the same, but the cowl is for taller, bigger frames (I’m 5’9″, I like big drapey cowls, so I used the bigger size) while the cowlette is for more petite frames.
Q Can I use a different weight yarn?
A Sure, but the cowl will not turn out quite as big – mind you, if you want to make it for a child, a fingering weight cowlette may be very very cute!
All Photography © Valerie Boissel
Delivery – Upon payment via Paypal, you will receive an email from shop AT rockandpurl DOT com with the instructions for downloading the pattern. Please note the link is only valid for 72 hours.
Visit the Pattern Store for more exclusive and delicious patterns from Ruth!